Thursday, July 14, 2011

" I ain't here for a long time... "

Country music has always been a passion of mine, a passion I shared with Stacy, one I also share with Michael. The biggest thing I love most about country music is how it speaks to life like no other genre. Its like always finding the perfect Hallmark card that says how you feel- even when how you aren't sure before you pick it up, exactly how you feel.
I have a whole sound track of music that speaks to the love I share with Michael but that is for another post.

There are a bunch of songs that remind me of Stacy and this moment in time, but today I heard George Strait sing this on the radio and it was almost like she was standing here in the living room singing to me.
Listen here on youtube.
the King of Country singing about my girl <3

Brian Andreas- a well known poet has this poem on his site it's called Unheard Music
"Don't you hear it? she asked & I shook my head no & then she started to dance & suddenly there was music everywhere & it went on for a very long time & when I finally found words all I could say was thank you."

Dance on girl... Dance on- thank you for bringing such love and zest to my life.

When I get where I'm going I know I see you and your smiling face again.

When I get where I'm going- Brad Paisley

No comments:

Post a Comment